This practice aims to provide a high quality service for all our patients. We welcome comments regarding the care we provide and should a patient find they have a reason for complaint, they will be dealt with courteously and promptly in order to resolve the matter as quickly as possible.
Geof Foldys is the customer complaints officer CCO
Our aim is to respond to any complaints in a way that we would wish to be treated ourselves, i.e. in a caring and sensitive manner,
and to learn from any mistakes that we may have made.
This procedure is based on the following objectives: –
- We will endeavour to resolve the complaint at the earliest stage. The member of staff dealing with the initial complaint will however pass the complaint over to the CCO or if it is about a clinical matter, to the dentist involved if they feel unable to deal with it adequately.
- Written complaints will receive an initial response from the CCO as soon as possible and usually within 2 days. This will offer a meeting with the CCO and an explanation of the complaints procedure.
- Verbal and telephone complaints may be referred to the CCO at the time and a written explanation of the proposed investigation and complaints procedure forwarded.
- The CCO will consult with the dentist and if necessary staff, take appropriate advice and investigate the matter usually in not more than 10 days. In the event we are unable to complete the investigation within this time we will notify the patient, giving reasons for the delay and a likely time period within which the investigation will be completed.
- Confirmation of any decisions reached about a complaint will be sent to the complainant immediately and they may be offered a meeting with the CCO.
- Proper and comprehensive records will be kept of all complaints received.
- In the event of a complaint about clinical care or related charges this will be referred to the dentist concerned unless the patient requests otherwise.
- Strict confidentiality will be observed at all times.
- If the complainant objects to the CCO every effort will be made to find an alternate suitable person either within or outside the
practice. However, this may take some time.
The dentists fully adhere to the GDC Standards for Dental Professionals. for more information go to: –
Complainants may contact: –
- British Oral Health Foundation Helpline (for impartial advice):
The Oral Foundation:
- The Complaints Manager at the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) at your local Primary Care Trust (for complaints regarding NHS treatment):
Melton, Rutland and Harborough PCT, Nottingham Road, Pera Innovation Park, Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire LE13 0RH
Tel: 01664 855 017
- The Dental Complaints Service (a free service funded by the GDC to help
resolve complaints about private treatment):
Stephenson House, 2 Cherry Orchard Road, Croydon CR0 6BA
Tel: 08456 120540
- The Care Quality Commission (the independent regulator of health and
social care which registers all providers of dental treatment inEngland.)